à la carte 2017 Featured Region
We are delighted to present Alsace as à la carte 2017’s Featured Region!
Alsace is curious, hospitable and open to the world. Extremely attractive, it boasts a great number of assets, a rich heritage and a lush natural environment. Every year, it offers its 19 million visitors stunning scenery, opportunities for unique experiences and world-class cultural events.
- Alsace boasts a wide range of highly diverse landscapes, with its plain, mountains, lakes, a mythic river, the Rhine, and a historic wine route (the oldest tourism road in France) that is 170 kilometers long.
- Alsace abounds with museums featuring exceptional collections, numerous UNESCO World Heritage sites, such as Grand Ile in Strasbourg and Neuf-Brisach, and several national performance venues, offering theatre and opera.
- A heritage of castles like none other in the world, including the Haut-Koenigsbourg Castle.
Absolutely modern, Alsace is famous around the world for its art of living:
- With 30 Michelin-starred restaurants, it is the leading gastronomic region in France, after Paris.
- Alsace is a hub for world-renowned, sophisticated know-how, exemplified by the Lalique crystal factory, the fine fabrics of Beauvillé and the marquetry art of Spindler.
Alsace prides itself on its world-renowned art of living, largely centered on its authentic, legendary gastronomy.